Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Do you like Cutie Poops? We do!!!


On a usual shopping trip one day to Trader Joe's we noticed this store.  "Cutie Poops and Bottoms," I told Cloth Daddy...I was wondering what they sold. I saw the two diapers on the "oo's," but it didn't dawn on me that it was a cloth diaper store. I have never seen the "modern" cloth diaper. When I thought of cloth diapers, I thought of cloth, pins and rubber pants. But, not in this store. Maya was only a month old when we first went into the store (4 months now).  Sherri, the owner of Cutie Poops and Bottoms, was there that day. She greeted us and was so nice.  We looked around and saw all of these diapers in beautiful prints and colors. Sherri asked if we wanted to know about cloth and we said no.  As we were about to leave we saw a disposable diaper display. When we say how many diapers you use and the cost, we turned back and looked at Sherri. At that time she asked us if we wanted to learn more about cloth.  We were about to exit the store and turned around to learn more.  Sherri was so pleasant to talk to. Once she told us about the links to medical conditions that disposables have, we started to think. Then she explained that it takes 500 years for a disposable diaper to decompose.  WOW!!! That is disgusting!!!  She showed us all the different types of cloth. We told her we would think about it and come back.  What we loved about her was the atmosphere.  We weren't even buying anything and she was still so nice, Sherri did not pressure us at all.  But of course Cloth Daddy and I stood there in the middle of the store and thought, lets give it a try.  So, we ended up buying the Gro-Baby(now Gro-Via) shells and biosoaker hybrid set.

We got home and started to try them out.  We loved it!!! It was only about three or four days later, we went back into the store.  I only had about $150 to spend, but had to have more.  Sherri was about to leave and Tina helped us out.  Again, we felt so welcomed.  She went through the entire process again and helped us pick out the different types to try.  Sherri also has a trial program too.  But we already knew we would love whatever we tried...  I love the atmosphere of this store.
Sherri carries several brand and types of diapers, she not only carries your top name brands but diapers and other products made by work at home moms.  She also has other natural parenting items. She sells everything from ring slings and baby carriers to organic baby food.  There is a large classroom in the back to host classes and parties.  My son and I also attend the Yoga for Youngins class...

I could go on and on for days talking about Cutie Poops and Bottoms.  It is our favorite store.  I even find myself going in when I don't even need anything.  Its not like it is just right around the corner. They are about 15-20 mins form our house. Cutie Poops and Bottoms is like a second home to us and many of the moms and dads that shop there.  But, there is also one more big reason to why I shop there.  Sherri is a mom, a mom running her own business with four children.  I support the small business and all moms with dreams.

Before you order online think if there is a store near you.  You may even have to do some research.  It is just so much better to support a small local business and even a WAHM.

For those of you who live in the Chicagoland Area, stop in!!! I promise you won't regret the drive. But, if you can't come and experience what I have, then shop her online site.

Cutie Poops and Bottoms
14910 S LaGrange Road
Orland Park, IL 60462
(708)873-4588
Mon-Fri. 10am-7pm
Sat 10am-5pm
Sun 11am-4pm

Or online:
www.cutiepoopsandbottoms.com

~Cloth Mommy~

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic review of the store! I try really hard to make cloth diapering an easy and successful experience for every parent!

    ReplyDelete